Do you have Canonical Links configured for your DotNetNuke Website yet?
The iFinity Canonical Linker is a DotNetNuke module which allows you to quickly and easily create Canonical Link Elements for your site.
Rank your site effectivelyby supporting this important new search initiative from Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and others.
Don't rely on other hacks and shortcuts to generate your Canonical Link Elements : these partial solutions generally don't work for all pages in your site. If you have modules displaying content on your site, like a Blog, E-Commerce, Social Network or Gallery features, then you will need a fully-featured Canonical Link solution. The Canonical Linker module is that solution.
If you haven't yet read or seen anything about the Canonical Link element,please visit the official Google Webmaster Blog for more information. Simply, a Canonical Link element is a hidden tag on your website which helps Google and other search engines identify and ignore duplicate content on your site. The standard DotNetNuke Url Scheme contains a myriad of ways your site can be generating duplicate content and by inserting a Canonical Link Element into the page, you're helping search engines to rank your site higher in the results.
The Canonical Linker shows the Administrator what Canonical Link is being generated for a page,
saving you having to constantly check the Html code.
The Canonical Linker has configurable settings, to allow you to
tune the output for each separate page in your website.
The Canonical Linker outputs the correct Html in the right place, every page, every time!
Here's why you need the Canonical Linker
- Helps Eliminate Duplicate Content by telling search engines which Url you'd like the page indexed under
- Works with affiliate links and tracking programs by filtering out the tracking codes from search engine indexes
- Gives you control and options on how to generate the Canonical Links, allowing for integration with other DotNetNuke modules
- It's quick and easy to install and configure : you'll have Canonical Links generated on your site in minutes
- Per-Page settings allow you to use different strategies on different pages of your site. You can tune the module to work with out DotNetNuke modules.
Here's why you need Canonical Links on your site
- Canonical Links are another indication to search engines as to what you would like your site pages indexed as. When used in combination with a good Url Solution and a Sitemap, you can specify the exact Url you would like your content indexed with.
- Canonical Links help prevent duplicate content from your site (that is, a page of content indexed under two separate urls) being indexed. Duplicate content is bad both because it can get your site excluded from an index, and it can also dilute the value of your hard-won external links.
- With a well-implemented Canonical Link solution, you're free to pursue other linking strategies that may have been unavailable for SEO reasons, such as tracking campaign versions, having a 'print only' link or having session id's in the Url
Try before you Buy
iFinity DNN Modules are all supplied on a 'try before you buy' basis. The trial version is fully operational, so you can test out how your site will look before decided to purchase a licence. There's no time limit on the trial, and you can easily delete the module and restore your site if you change your mind.
The Canonical Linker module will run on all DNN 4.x and 5.x installations.
Support for this module is provided through the iFinity Support Forums. You can get support even if you're just trialling the module and have some questions.