Are your DotNetNuke Urls as good as they can be?
The iFinity Url Master Module is a DotNetNuke extension that gives you total control over the Urls in your websites. Standard DotNetNuke Community or Professional Edition Urls are designed to satisfy a basic standard and are not ideal for either human vistors or search engines. If you're interested in optimising your site to the latest standards and trends of the web, you need a better solution. Url Master solves all the DNN Url problems without taking shortcuts and gives you the tools you need to manage site Urls.
If you are at all interested in getting better search engine rankings and results for your DotNetNuke website, you need to install this product today.
Here's why you need the iFinity Url Master module installed:
- You want your site to rank higher in Search Engine results without resorting to tricks and shady methods
- You have a Multi-Language site and want language-specific domain names and Urls without the /language/xx-YY in them
- You want to be able to design and create your own Urls, instead of accepting the DotNetNuke default Url based on page name.
- You want to eliminate duplicate content from Search Engines caused by the myriad of DotNetNuke Url schemes
- You want your site to tell Search Engines automatically when to update their indexes if a page has moved or the Url has changed
- You have replaced another site with a new DotNetNuke site, or have re-organized the pages in your DotNetNuke site, and you need your Search Engine results to link to the correct pages
- You realize that you need a portal-specific way of handling and logging 404 errors
- Your DotNetNuke site page names have non-Url standard diacritic characters like ê or à in them, and you want to convert to equivalent ascii characters to avoid hexadecimal characters in the Urls
- You just want a simple, quickly installed solution to the problem without reading endless configuration options, fidgeting around with Regex expressions and editing web.config files
- You have user profile pages on your site and you want to provide better looking User Profile pages like example.com/user-name
- Up until now, you haven't found a product that does all this!
The Url Master module is the regularly top-selling SEO related module in Snowcovered. DotNetNuke websites the world over rely on this module to handle
What is the Url Master module and how does it work?
The iFinity Url Master module is designed to work the same way as the standard DotNetNuke Friendly Url Generation / Url Rewriting solution. Because it is designed to do the same thing as the standard component, it integrates properly into your DotNetNuke site with no shortcuts, hacks or workarounds. But because it has so many more features than the standard DotNetNuke Url solution, you can transform the way your Urls work with a few clicks. This module has been continuously developed for years and is the result of thousands of hours of development based on extensive feedback and consultation with a diverse selection of the DotNetNuke community.
Technically, the Url Master module is both a Friendly Url Provider and a Url Rewriting solution. It works with the DotNetNuke core and Third Party modules, and creates good-looking human and SEO friendly Urls without breaking any Core functionality. It has extensive configuration options which mean it can be tuned to work with virtually any DotNetNuke module in virtually any application.
What's new in Url Master 2.7?
Url Master Version 2.7 is the latest update of the software since it's release in early 2008. Version 2.7 contains these features:
- Custom Module Url Providers : improve the Urls of popular third-party and Forge modules by installing custom url providers to improve Urls.
- Performance enhancements in memory management and Url handling. The page index is stored per-portal, so first-time requests in multiple-portal installations react faster.
- Multi-Language Urls - you can now specify a separate domain name to be exclusively linked to a specific language. This prevents duplicate content, ranks pages better for languages and removes the /language/xx-YY from the Urls
- Skin per portal alias : set the skin for a specific portal alias. Use this feature combined with multi-language Urls to show a specific skin per language
- Portal Alias (domain name) and Skin per device type : Show a different skin and domain name for mobile devices or ordinary browsers.
- Integrated 404 Page Not Found error handling - specify a per-portal 404 page built in DotNetNuke, log all 404 errors and output correct 404 status codes at the same time. This is the complete 404 solution for DotNetNuke portals and it's all done with a few clicks.
- New domain name control - it's now even easier to handle basic domain-related tasks like redirecting example.com to www.example.com
- Per-Portal settings - now you can have different settings for each portal in the site. Previous versions grouped many functions like the page extension at the installation level, meaning that all portals had to have the same page extensions, space replacements and more. Version 2.0 introduces per-portal settings, allowing a base set of configurations inherited to all portals, but allowing per-portal differences where required.
- New User Interface - a clean and modern interface with a focus on grouping common tasks together replaces the prior all-in-one interface. New AJAX page scrolling lists allow the module to work with sites which contain a lot of portals and pages.
- Vanity Urls for User Profile pages - change the Urls for the User Profile page to use the username or display name as the Url.
Version 2.7 is available as a paid upgrade over 1.x versions of Url Master. See more information about upgrading from Url Master 1.x to 2.x.
Now fully compatible with DotNetNuke Version 7.0
Available as a Free Trial
iFinity DotNetNuke Modules are all supplied on a 'try before you buy' basis. The demo version is fully operational [it contains an 'unlicensed software' message], so you can test out how your site will look before deciding to purchase a licence. There's no time limit on the demo, and you can easily delete the module and restore your site if it doesn't suit your requirements. You also have the option of a 10-day no-message Trial licence which removes the 'unlicensed software' messages, so you can see how the module works on your actual site, if you don't have a test site to try it against. Just go to the Licensing page to get your 10 day trial Licence